Let’s face it, by the age of 14, most young people know what they want. Explorer Scouts therefore have a big say in what they do, while being supported by adult volunteers. Unit members:
- Get to try activities such as power boating, sailing, snow and motor sports
- Deliver campsite services – running activities or helping with site maintenance
- Fundraise and help in the community
- Go on camping expeditions in the UK and abroad
- Go for The Queen’s Scout Award, Duke of Edinburgh Bronze, Silver and Gold and the Explorer Belt (a 10 day challenge abroad) – all recognised by universities and employers
- Train as young leaders – working with an experienced adult, they learn how to run activities for young people aged 6 – 14.